Thursday, September 14, 2006

Paulo the Pirate by Fes (otherwise known as Fiona Sansom)

I was delighted to be the next recipient of the Travelling Sketchbook two weeks ago! It arrived on a Saturday morning and for once the Postman didn't have to see me in my dressing gown... I was actually up and about (shock horror!). It was most exciting to see everyones work.

Thanks to Lynda for the lovely note book! Just the right size to pop in my handbag.


After procrastinating, dithering, delaying and generally slacking I finally knuckled down and did some drawing. So here's my entry. I'm in a Pirate mood I think ;0)

This was done digitally, because I would have taken even longer to finish my pages if I'd had to paint it in the traditional manner.

12 Comments:

Blogger About Chichi Parish said...

My oh my, such a big sea-newt!
Fes-tastique.

3:26 PM  
Blogger lorna said...

Wow! What an amazing entry! Bravo Fes. :o)

12:13 AM  
Blogger clare said...

Fes - Paulo the pirate and the ship are wonderful:)

12:55 AM  
Blogger Lynda Nelson said...

WOW! That is absolutely gorgeous!

1:39 AM  
Blogger Gail said...

Wow - this is stunning Fes well done!

1:40 AM  
Blogger Gretel said...

Stunning Fes, the romantic light is wonderful! Makes me want to go off seafaring...

7:40 AM  
Blogger Maya said...

Wow!!! Stunning Fes!
Well done! ;-)

9:00 AM  
Blogger Celeste Goulding said...

Excellent ship! Beautiful!

5:21 PM  
Blogger holly-rose said...

wow wow wow wow- thats fantastic! Atmospheric and rich in colour!

Holly :-)

2:37 AM  
Blogger Sara Garrard said...

WOW that is absolutley fantastic - what programme did u use and how long did it take?

8:14 AM  
Blogger FES said...

Thank you, Thank you, one and all (she bows modestly).

Glad you like it... I'm chuffed!

Sara, I used Corel Painter IX.5. The first pirate took a couple of days of mucking about, and the other views were about a day (cause I'd worked out what to do). The ship pic, once I'd worked out the perspective (which probably took a day of faffing), was completed in about a day and a half. ;0)

9:51 AM  
Blogger Andrew Glazebrook said...

Stunning work !!

3:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home