Monday, July 02, 2007

Kill The Dream Of Impossible Vactions...

Well, it's finally done! My addition to The Travelling Sketchbook is complete, and without blowing my own trumpet, I'm very happy with it! I have taken my inspiration for my image, from my up coming trip to Europe in September, where I shall be following The Tragically Hip on their tour!

So, here it is in all it's glory...




The text reads:

"Kill the dream of impossible vacations
with the sweep of a mapping pioneer
outside there's hectic action
the ice is covering the trees
and one of em's interconnecting
with my chevrolet caprice"

Which is an extract from the Hip song, Something On.

I hope you out there in blogland like it! Now we just have to wait and see where the little sketchbook will be heading next on it's exciting journey!

-Ben

4 Comments:

Blogger FES said...

Cool one Ben!

5:15 AM  
Blogger Gretchen said...

How neat! Can you explain about the travelling sketchbook?

3:54 PM  
Blogger Ben said...

@Gretchen,

The Travelling Sketchbook is a project involving members of an illustration forum. The book began with a member in Cyprus, and once she had completed her piece, she sent it on to another member, and so on...

It's starting to look fantastic!

3:56 AM  
Blogger Amanda R. Wright said...

I love the hip! Great work!

10:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home